19 July 2010

5 Days to Departure(!)

Ok so now I've packed, but I keep having to take clothes out to wear them! Also, I was pretty sure I wouldn't need to send anything after me to Japan, but I really, really do...I have a second case, of a similar size to the first one, full of 'send-on' stuff. One advantage to the packing is that I've thrown out so many clothes that I never wear, which I probably would have held onto for years more if I hadn't made that strict 'take or dump' rule.

My last week in Ireland has quickly filled up with things to do and people to see. Finally, and I knew that this would happen eventually...I had something that I was definatly going to do before I left that I've had to abandon because there just aren't enough nights in the week. (Why are there no midweek matinee shows of Death of a Salesman in the Gate?) In any case I'm looking forward to 5 days full of parties, people and last minute shopping!

Finally, lately I think I've been focusing on leaving Ireland rather than going to Japan. The slow realisation that I had to leave one country in order to enter the other only dawned fairly recently and since then I've been getting over the shock! I am looking forward to going to Japan though. I've gotten so much help from my predecessor (who is completely fantastic), from pictures of the apartment, to info on the local oversized insect-life, to answering all of my random, random questions. What have I forgotten to ask? It remains to be seen...in 5 days time

No comments:

Post a Comment